Function and Form. The factory F1X oil filter housing cap is made of plastic which, by nature of the material, dissipates heat poorly and is prone to failure over repeated heat cycles. By contrast to the OEM unit, our cap is constructed from 6061-T6 aircraft-grade aluminum which promises two functional benefits: greater longevity and cooler running throughout its life cycle.
So too will the oil itself benefit: By getting your oil up to temperature quickly, but tangentially evacuating excess heat, the aluminum oil filter housing cap will help your fluid operate within its working range while effectively preventing thermal breakdown.
Each cap has been meticulously manufactured on a DMG Mori 5-Axis with specially sourced tooling to achieve some of the cap's intricate details. Anodized, the housing cap’s details are happily preserved but offer up a valuable way for an enthusiast to express their individuality. Four colors are available at launch to maximize choice: Ferrari Red, Royal Blue, Hard Coat Clear, and Hard Coat Black.
In addition to our normal suite of features, our S63 cap boasts a built-in drain plug to simplify your oil change and significantly reduce mess.
- Compatible with S63-equipped BMW cars and most N63 models (replaces BMW 11427615389)
- Plug and play replacement for OE plastic cap
- CNC precision machined from 6061-T6 aerospace aluminum
- Improves heat dissipation and increases cap longevity
- Built-in 6mm drain plug reduces mess during oil changes
- Four anodizing options: Ferrari Red, Royal Blue, Hard Coat Clear, & Hard Coat Black
- Proudly made in USA
- Optional Add-On: Genuine BMW oil filter kit (11427848321)
- F10 M5
- F90 M5
- F06 M6 Gran Coupe
- F12/3 M6
- F85 X5M / F86 X6M
- F95 X5M / F96 X6M
- Most N63 engine applications